9.16.2013

17 Weeks [A Bumpdate]

*I'm posting this because I didn't want it to get lost with drafts or accidentally deleted. I skipped posting this last week in effort to shed light on "mourn[ing] with those who mourn." This truly is more for my records and knowledge in the future.*



How Far Along: I am 17 weeks and 5 days156 days until I'm 40 weeks.

Baby's Size: Little Bean has grown to about 5.1 inches (roughly the size of an onion) and weighs approximately 5.9 oz. 

Baby's Development: This week the LB has mastered a few simple reflexes: swallowing, sucking, and blinking. They may even have a bout of hiccups, and if they're anything like Zoë was in utero, I will feel them a lot the last half of the pregnancy.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Man, answering this really makes me want to get a scale so I actually know how much I've gained to date. Of course, it's only in the first half of the pregnancy that I have to wait every 4 weeks. Anyway, all that to say is I only know I had gained a total of 6 pounds at my 16 week appointment. 

Food Aversions (and "no nos"): Still absolutely no BBQ! I struggle to even listent to people talk about it much less smell it or be forced to eat it. I've found that I've been able to tolerate some of the foods which were a problem for my stomach a bit better: watermelon, peas....that's all that comes to mind.

Gimme' some of that!: Still no cravings that stick around so that I go searching for it. I randomly had a short craving for Frosted Flakes. Not really sure why, but hey! At least I'm starting to want to eat.

How I Feel: MUCH better! The morning sickness isn't completely gone, but I've finally gone a week without Zofran and the dry heaving is much less and definitely farther between bouts. YAY!

Maternity Clothes: All the time :)

Movement: More and more. It makes me so grateful each time because every day is one day closer to not losing, but gaining this life. A day closer to the possibility of it joining my little family come February.

Sleep: This week I have slept really, really well. Maybe I just need to take more weekend trips that don't allow me to nap. Ha! Even Zoë has been "sleeping in" 'til 7:30.

What I Miss: Wanting to eat. Still have to force myself to eat on a consistent basis to keep nutrients provided for my body and the baby. Also, I miss my back not hurting daily. And knowing it's bound to only get worse just makes me hope that stretching and staying active will help alleviate some of the discomfort.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Another day passing, another day closer to greeting this little life, holding him/her in my arms, and allowing us to warm one another.

Favorite Moment of the Week: Feeling my little one kick me for the first time. It was almost a light tap, like something jumped inside me. A reminder that (s)he is still growing within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!