8.26.2013

15 Weeks [A Bumpdate]


How Far Along: I am 15 weeks and 5 days. 170 days until I'm 40 weeks.

Baby's Size: 4 inches long from crown to rump (about the size of a navel orange) and weighing a wopping 2.5 oz. (Hey, that's up an entire ounce from last week!)

Baby's Development: If I can produce a baby with hair (Zoë had practically none for several months and to break the wonderful myth of lots of heart burn = lots of hair, yeah. Tons of heartburn. No hair.), Little Bean's hair is starting to grow and is producing pigment if they have dark hair. If I could see inside my womb, I would be able to see the devloping blood vessels under their translucent skin and I may see them suck their thumb :)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I don't have a scale at home and I won't see my OB until later this week, so all I know is that at my last appointment, I had only gained 1.5 pounds total.

Food Aversions (and "no nos"): Same old same old. You can see my 14 week Bumpdate for details.

Gimme' some of that!: NADA! Nothing sounds good. Still having to force myself to eat.

How I Feel: Umm..I still feel really tired. Nausea isn't as bad as it has been, but I still have some really tough days thrown in there where I can't go without Zofran. Boo! Needless to say, the whole "2nd trimester, 2nd wind" saying? Nope. I prove that one false too!

Maternity Clothes: All the time. Every now and then I just really feel like being in "comfy" clothes (read elastic waist exercise shorts/pants and a t-shirt) and so I'll rock the "my torso is too long to wear this when I'm pregnant" look. (read: my shirt rises and the bottom sticks off my belly leaving a gap. Don't worry, I always wear a maternity cami underneath. And I stay indoors on those days unless I just have to get something from the store.)

Movement: Yes! Yes! Yes! Let me tell you, though the nausea sucks, it's a little easier to be reminded it's for a purpose when I can feel my little one moving inside. It's actually been neat because this baby loves to push into me as much as possible (if I'm laying on my right side it's pushing in there, vice versa for left), and because of the difference in how it feels, Ben has been able to feel where the baby is! (For my own memories sake here: it sort of worries me that he's already been able to feel the baby...like I'm starting to wonder if we missed a second baby in there. But my mama heart just tells me that I have an excessive cuddler on my hands. And that I will loathe my rib cage and pregnancy as soon as we start running out of room.)

Sleep: Aside from one night where I couldn't go back to sleep after a bathroom wake-up call at 3:30, my sleep has been awesome. Of course, I'm having loads of wacky pregnancy dreams and even had one that left an awful taste in my mouth and a really icky feeling in my heart...like people not being nice and confrontation and all that jazz. 

What I Miss: Being able to eat and enjoy food. I want to actually enjoy what I'm eating. To want to eat and not worry about it leaving me nauseated after; there is still no rhyme or reason as to what will or won't leave me feeling awful afterwards. I'm also missing not worrying about crossing my legs (I get terrible swelling starting at 20 weeks and have already noticed my veins telling me they're on overload ;/) and not limping like I did something to my hip. This happend when I was pregnant with Zoë too, but I guess my right sciatica overroad memory of that. (Ben is the one who tells me I had problems with my left hip not popping back in place.)

What I'm Looking Forward To: Hearing my baby's heart beat this week. It's always a sweet sound to my ears to hear the thumping of the life growing inside of me. 

Favorite Moment of the Week: This may start to get old if something like this happens every week, but Zoë came up to me, pointed to my belly, and said "Baby" (pronounced: bay bah) followed by a huge grin up at me. I asked her if she'd say "hi baby" and she immediately looked at my tummy waved her huge "hi" while she smiled and then said "hi baby". Then she kissed my tummy. Oh she is going to be such an awesome big sister!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!