8.15.2013

Bits About Me

If you look on my sidebar, you will see a button for the Texas Women Bloggers. Though I'm not the best with keeping up with everything going on over there, I do try to participate in their link-ups. And so today, I'm participating in their Getting to Know You link-up.

Getting to Know You Link Party with the Texas Women Bloggers
1. What part of Texas do you call home?
Though I'm new to Texas (just moved here last November...woah! We'll be closing in on a year here soon!), I already am calling Houston home. We like it here and have no plans to ever go back to Baton Rouge. Whether or not we'll actually stay here, we know that it would be an act of God to get us back in Louisiana.
2. How long have you been blogging?
Well, so I originally started blogging in 2007 when I was going through a rough patch in college. I've thought about deleting all those posts, but if there is one thing I've learned is to not try to erase the past but learn what you can from it. I don't anything I wrote was inappropriate, I just know that I've grown a lot since then. My blogging kind of waned for a while and then I "restarted" when my older sister encouraged me to blog to document my pregnancy and life with my now precious 17 month old.
3. Why did you start blogging?
Ha! Accidentally kind of answered that in the last question. When I first started it was to get my thoughts out. When I tried my hand at it to blog regularly again, it was to document life with Zoë.
4. When we visit your blog, what can we expect to discover?
Unfortunately, to see a pic of me and my family you need to go to my about me page. Hoping to change that here in the near future so you're greeted by my smiling face when you first stop by. You will quickly see my tabs on my family and a tab about books. I love my family and probably talk about them almost as much as I talk about my relationship with Jesus. Books...well, I love to read and so if my current pregnancy and 17 month old haven't completely stolen my brain then I will inform you on what I'm reading and what I do/don't like about it. (You can read my recent announcement and answer to Q's asked regarding this pregnancy here and here.) So pretty much you're going to find that I'm an open book who talks about almost anything and everything here and my relationship with Christ permeates it all.
5. How did you come up with your Blog Title and what is its meaning?
I really struggled with coming up with something catchy I liked that I would be able to keep no matter how life changed over here. I'm not saying that I haven't thought about changing the title, just because it isn't that artsy and I love the arts (I mean, I'm a pianist, I married an artist, and though I'm not great at either, I enjoy dabbling in poetry and creative writing), but for now Tidbits From My World works. I finally landed on it when I realized that I was pretty much going to be sharing just that: tidbits. I can't completely write a minute by minute play of my life and there are some aspects that I believe should remain personal. However, those pieces that I want to share are tidbits that give you a glimpse into my little corner of the world. And thus, the name was born.
6. What do you love about being part of Texas Women Bloggers?
Hmmm...well, I'm really new to all this. And I haven't looked around it or found other bloggers through it was much as I would like to say I have, but one thing I've loved is when pictures are shared from all around this beautiful state for Wordless Wednseday. Makes me fall even more in love with the state of Texas.
7. Who inspired you to blog?
Well, the bloggers that I am almost always looking to read and find can sometimes give me great ideas for post, whether they know it or not are the following (in no certain order):
These ladies generally write posts that make me want to become a better writer and type thoughts and life events into posts.

8. If you could pick a favorite post from this past year, what would it be?
Oh goodness. I haven't read any of my posts from the past year. To help me pick one, I'm going to consider "this past year" to be any post written in 2012. And as such, there are three posts that tie it. I just can't really pick one. One is ridiculously simple but made an announcement that has changed my life, in the best way possible, forever. Another documents the first birth story I have, which also left me asking a lot of questions for the next time I was planning for a birth. And the last, well it documents a story that still cracks me up to this day, so even though it may not be by best writing, I enjoy sharing it.

Looking forward to see what others have put in their link-up posts!

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!