8.19.2013

14 Weeks [A Bumpdate]

I thought I'd give you a peek at the previous weeks. I've been proud of myself for keeping up with pics this time. Also, please note how freakin' early I started! That was completely on accident as we thought I was almost 6 weeks when we found out and around 7 weeks when we started taking pictures. Another note: notice my "bump" gets bigger and smaller...not in order. Most of my bump in these pics is bloat.


 However, this week, I give you true bump:

Said bump does get larger if I have to use the bathroom, just ate, or eat food that bloats me, but it doesn't really get much smaller than this.

On to the bumpdate :) (By the way, if you missed the announcement and answers to Qs, you can go here and here to catch up.)

How Far Along: I am 14 weeks and 5 days along. Only 177 days until I'm 40 weeks!

Baby's Size: My Little Bean (LB) is about 3.4 in from head to bum, roughly the size of a lemon. (Was anyone aware that a lemon is that big? I mean last weeks fruit was a peach. This was a news flash to me.) Also, LB weighs around 1.5 oz. 

Baby's Development: If I had my own ultrasound machine, I might have been able to see LB make some facial expressions.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: At my last appointment I had only gained 1.5 pounds total. This wasn't much of a shock as I had actually lost weight between other appointments. My doc was pleased that I was at least not losing.

Food Aversions (and "no nos"): Don't even talk about BBQ to me. The sheer smell makes my stomach churn! However, it's the only actual aversion I have. Everything else, I'll eat and then find out that I shouldn't have: pasta sauce (lots of it...little bits, like on pizza, is ok. And ironically, tomatoes in salad or on a sandwich are ok.), avacado, apples (but not the juice in a smoothie), bananas (yeah...I had a not so fun experience with them. Now looking at them makes me gag :/), peanut butter was ok, then was an "Don't let me smell it" (that was rough considering Zoë eats PB&J for lunch practically every day), and now is ok sometimes. Those are the things I can think of that are absolute "no nos", however the list seems to grow or change on a daily basis. Very strange to me as I didn't really have this problem during my pregnancy with Zoë.

Gimme' some of that!: NADA! Something may sound good, but it lasts for all of maybe 5 minutes. I have yet to have a craving that I just HAVE to have whatever food I thought of.

How I Feel: mmm...this is a toughy as I'm getting slightly better, but I'm still extremely exhausted. (If you follow me on twitter you might have seen this tweet earlier this week.) Also, the nausea comes and goes. I have started to string good days where I can get by without Zofran, but then I'm hit, sometimes several days in a row, where I have to have it in my system during the day or I'm likely to throw-up. However, I'm really trying to remind myself that all of this is for a great purpose and gives me more hope of hearing a heart beat at my next appointment.

Maternity Clothes: I have to wear maternity jeans. I've been wearing them for a couple weeks now. I loved wearing the BeBand with Zoë. This little one won't let me. If I fold it over, it's too tight. If I leave it like normal, it cuts into my stomach and makes me sick. So maternity jeans/shorts have been the most comfortable thing I've got. Or stretchy athletic shorts/pants. As far as tops, most of my t-shirts are just long enough for my long torso. I still "fit" them, per se, but they don't really cover maternity bands, thus I generally am wearing maternity tops or regular tops that I found I could wear during pregnancy with Zoë.

Movement: I have actually started to feel flutters every now and then. But they're small and not consistent.

Sleep: Can anyone say INSOMNIA?! I mean, seriously. I don't remember being like this with Zoë at all in my pregnancy with her. I'm not really sure what it is, but my mind will randomly start thinking on different things and nothing works to shut it down. I've had several nights where I'll be up for 2 hours because I just can't soothe myself back to sleep. This drives me crazy because less sleep makes me more nauseous. Boo!

What I Miss: I miss not feeling like I'm sick all the time. And actually desiring to eat what I've cooked. I will cook a meal, think it sounds good, and by dinner time the smell makes me sick. Fun times. Fun times.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Being able to feel the LB move on a consistent basis. Also, hearing the heart beat at the next appointment.

Favorite Moment of the Week: Though Zoë doesn't truly understand what is going on, we talk to her about it like she does. One day while I was eating breakfast she walked up to me and saw me patting my tummy. I looked at her and said, "Mommy has a baby in her tummy. Do you want to say "hi" to the baby?" She looked up at me, patted my belly, and smiled a huge smile. It's moments like this that make me feel great about welcoming another little one into our family. Though I'm sure there will be some bumps in the road, I'm certain that Zoë is going to make a great older sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!