8.07.2013

Praying for Him: His Protection


There are no promises in life. Except that those who have placed their trust and belief in Christ and His death and resurrection will spend eternity with God.

I found myself tearing up as I read Stormie's words on taking time to pray for my husband's protection. Not because I worry so much about Ben's going and coming or whatever other devices the Enemy may try to employ to thwart his safetly. Thankfully, it isn't something I truly worry about. I generally don't waste sleep over that.

But, when I do worry about it, it takes a lot of my precious time, energy, sleep, etc. It is a thief. A horrible, horrible thief that takes what I can never get back.

And I always find myself after wondering what I was doing worrying about it to begin with. Because, as we all know but don't always allow it to get to our hearts, control over what does or does not happen to Ben never rested in my hands to begin with. As Stormie so graciously points out, my only power resides in prayer.

For those of you who have been around reading, it is nothing new to you that God has really worked on testing whether I fully trust Him in the past few months. (If you need or want a reminder, you can go here and here.)

And though I'm no fan of the situation it took for Him to really turn my head towards Him and remind me that He is trustworthy no matter what, I am clinging tight to all I learned about trust in those tough months. (Let me be honest, there are still times that I wish I was pregnant with that baby. There are still days that no matter what the future holds, I find myself thinking I have an angel baby born into the arms of my Savior on March 20, 2013. I think anyone who has ever had a miscarriage will understand where I'm coming from.) And I am thankful that I am able to transfer it into every nook and cranny of life, including trusting the only One who is able to protect my husband.

I closed the book reminded that even if I get that horrifying call that Ben was in a fatal accident or he falls ill with some life-altering or even life-threatening illness, God is God and He can be trusted. And at the end of the day, it is for His glory to made known throughout the earth.

Hard to type? Yes. Harder to say? Of course. And to have to fully live it? Well, I don't know what my life would look like should that be what He calls us to, but I will hope and pray that His grace will carry me through.

And in the mean time, I will pray and ask that His protection rest on Ben, trusting in Him no matter the outcome. Though I hope that His protection will mean that the only reason Ben will leave this world will be ripe, old age. 
___________________________________________________________
Over a 30 week period, which I started with an intro on May 1st, I will be doing a weekly series where I talk about my journey through Stormie Omartian's Power of  a Praying Wife. I felt led to pray for my husband, wanted to incorporate the book, but knew that doing a 30 day challenge was next to impossible. (Let's face it: life with a baby just-turned-Toddler changes and there are still nights with many wake up calls due to teething or illness. I'd already tried once and failed.)  So this series was born as a way to share, encourage, and hold me accountable to the commitment I made. I'll keep a list of links for the series on each post so you can easily access them all. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!