5.01.2013

SSMT 2013 #9

I cannot believe it's getting closer and closer to half way. Which also will mean this year is half way over.

I am loving being committed to memorizing scripture. I am loving having His word to lean on through all the difficulties I've been recently facing, but more so because of the miscarriage. (You can read my thoughts and feelings on this hereherehereherehere.)

I am also enjoying knowing that even when I'm having a good day, the scriptures are popping up here and there. Sometimes seemingly for no reason and other times because it applies to whatever situation is playing out that day.

*good sigh*

I am just loving it. Period.

And so on to verse #9. I know I've said in the past couple weeks that I might keep going with Psalm 62:5-8; but, I have really pressed those words into my heart and mind and feel like adding a short verse to go with that is what is best for me in this time.

And so without further ado:

"Blessed are those who mourn, 
for they shall be comforted."
Matthew 5:4

Mmm...these words actually comfort me. Not to mention, they remind me that it is is ok to be sad during this time. That it is ok to cry in front of my daughter and, yet, still be able to enjoy her at the time. Just a good reminder period because I know that this is not the last time that I will have need of mourning, whether for myself or for someone else.

So thankful for scripture!


SSMT 2013

1 comment:

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!