5.28.2013

A Revelation

Not that it's some great revelation, but I thought I would share.

So back a couple weeks ago, I went on a slight rabbit trail in my Power of a Praying Wife post.

Here is why: that week while I was praying for Ben, one of my times with God was spent at my kitchen table. In that moment, I found myself looking at the empty chair in front of me and praying as though He were sitting right there. A good friend listening to me and letting me lay bare my heart.

When I did that, praying clicked with me for the first time.

Now I will say that I don't always feel most connected to God through sitting and staring at a chair while I pray. However, I do want to point out that in that moment I realized the importance of learning to converse with Him every moment as though He is the good friend who is the listening ear for you.

Sometimes it is harder than others. I found it very difficult in the midst of my miscarriage. I find it easy when everything in life seems to be kicks and giggles and all seems right.

Anyway, this small enlightening I had was something I wanted to share.

I don't know much about prayer, but I do know that God delights in our heartfelt, honest prayers becasue it is then He can begin working on our hearts to mold us more into His likeness. Find that place that allows you to comfortably converse with Him. Tap into it so you can learn to make it a part of your everyday life, even if it's not exactly in the same way you first learned to tap it. I am learning it is well worth the time and "practice" it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!