5.30.2013

A Little About Me


So I found some questions online just so you could get to know me a little bit better. The answers to many of these may be floating around my blog, but I thought it'd be fun to have it all in one little area of my site :)

1. Were you named after anyone? Yes, but my family is no longer in touch with her and I didn't keep the name. And it wasn't anyone famous.

2. When was the last time you cried? When I read my sister's post about my two nephews, her older boys, met their little brother.

3. Do you like your handwriting? Sometimes, though apparently it's unthinkable that I don't per many people's comments.

4. What is your favorite lunch meat? I'm not sure. I'm not the biggest fan of lunch meat, but I guess if I had to pick one it would be roast beef. Honestly, it changes. One week I want smoked turkey and the next I want roast beef.

5. Do you have kids? Yes. One precious 14 month old girl and one angel baby.

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I think so.

7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Mmmm...it depends on the moment. I do but it isn't the general cuts someone down. It's kind of stupid, silly sarcasm. i.e. "Zoë, I don't think you like that strawberry shortcake. You're not licking your lips or anything..."
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Nope. Nor my adenoids. And I'm so grateful because if I had both I could possibly be dead and if still here definitely would be a "mouth breather" and snore like no ones business.

9. Would you bungee jump? Only if the hubs wanted me to have the experience with him. I've told him I'd venture to sky dive if he wanted. That would be a story to tell. I'm afraid of heights...
10. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes. Always. It bugs me to go to put my shoes and find that I have to spend time untieing them.

11. What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch
12. Do you think you are strong? Hmmm...physically - no. Emotionally - maybe, but not in a "I don't show any emotion" kind of way; to me, that is stronger than not showing emotion.

13. What is your favorite ice cream? You're asking me to pick my favorite? Seriously? I can't pick one. Does that tell you anything? I like cookie dough. Moolineum Crunch. Coffee. Pralines and Cream.  Phish Food. Cherry Garcia.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? I watch facial expressions and try to figure out how well they match up with their tone of voice. On a simpler note, I notice smiles - does it reach their eyes? Is it a facade?

15. Red or Pink? Once upon a time, I would have said red, but now I love pink.

16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? How much I struggle to no interrupt people when I'm talking. I feel like I interject way too much and somehow miss that the person wasn't finished.

17. Who do you miss the most? My family. I feel like wait, we are spread out across the world. Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, and currently Turkey. My siblings are not a hop, skip, and jump away :(

18. What color shoes are you wearing? I'm not wearing any. If I'm indoors, at home, I generally am not wearing shoes. I only wear them when I know I'm headed out somewhere.

19. What was the last thing you ate? popcorn. Of course, it's popcorn. Ha!

20. What are you listening to right now? Steve Martin talk about working on the set of Father of the Bride, Part 2

21. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Flamingo? I don't know. There's way too many to pick from. What if I don't want to be one color?

22. Favorite smells? A good home cooked meal greeting you when you walk in the door. (aka I love crock pot meals because that's when I get to smell that since I'm our cook :])

23. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? my husband. I don't talk on the phone much.

24. Mountain hideaway or beach house? Mountain hideaway, hands down.

25. Favorite sports to watch? Baseball, ice skating, gymnastics, speed skating.

26. Hair color? Brown. And I love to tell people it's never been touched with dye. And I may never touch it with dye. Not sure what I'll do when I go gray.

27. Do you wear contacts? Yes. And glasses sometimes, too. Laser eye surgery - anyone had it? Have any thoughts on whether I should wait or if my vision should stay the same once I get "older"?

28. Favorite food? Umm....popcorn? I don't know. The answer to that changes a lot too. I do love lasagna.

29. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings. I can only watch scary movies every now and then. Usually I stay away because I end up with horrible nightmares. (read: I'm still afraid of under my bed and the shower sometimes because of a horror movie I saw in my sophomore year of high school.)

30. Last movie you watched? Father of the Bride, Part 2

31. What color shirt are you wearing? Red

32. Summer or winter? Winter. I am no fan of hot summers.

33. Hugs or kisses? Hugs

34. Favorite dessert? Good grief. Apple pie with vanilla ice cream? Turtle cheescake? Homemade toffee? Are you getting the picture that I love sweets? A little too much? Thankfully, we generally don't keep that kind of stuff around the home, though mother's day kind of ruined that as my husband bought me a few sweet things. Yikes!

35. Strength training or cardio? Cardio. I'm not a fan of strength training, though I can enjoy it using the Wii Fit. I borrowed my parents when we lived in Baton Rouge. I now think about purchasing one.

36. Computer or Television? Probably the computer. I've lived without T.V. before but I'm quite attached to my computer.

37. What book are you reading now? The Beginning by Karen Kingsbury (the link is to Amazon where it is currently free for Kindle. I think it's only on Kindle.)

38. Favorite sound? Currently it is when Zoë laughs. She has the sweetest, genuine giggle. Love it!

39. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles

40. What is the farthest you have been from home? When we lived in Little Rock, I went on a mission to Trinidad which is 8 miles off the coast of Venezuela.

41. Do you have a special talent? I play the piano.

42. Where were you born? Baton Rouge

43. Where are you living now? Houston

44. What color is your house? We rent an apartment that has neutral colored siding. If we owned a home, I would hope it was painted a neutral color. I'm not a fan of colored paint on the outside of a home.

45. What color is your car? Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!