4.01.2013

When I Need a Reminder...

A reminder of who my God is, I can go into His word and find it. But sometimes, I need to hear it from someone else. And sometimes it's comforting if that someone else has been put in some place of leadership among those who believe. Someone with passion in their speaking and who speaks seeking to be led by the Spirit.

And right now, I am in great need. Both because of my heart breaking over the Chinese Muslims I have joined with many in prayer for right now and because my heart is in great need of mending.

I have many days I am finding myself sitting on the floor reminding myself of this:

"Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden and I WILL GIVE YOU REST." Matthew 11:28 NASB

"Cease striving and know that I AM GOD..." Psalm 46:10 NASB

"'For I know the plans I have for you [and every other living being],' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11 NASB

*all italics, capitalization, and brackets are mine.*

I keep hearing myself repeat, "He does not fail me. He has not changed. He is in control. And He loves me far more than I can ever completely and full grasp."

Yet, even with all of that, I keep going back to the words of Priscilla Shirer. It's from a video session for the bible study Anointed. Transformed. Redeemed. by Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer, and Kay Arthur. The leader of the study, when I did it, took the time to type out and print on a 5x7 cardstock these words. And I am happy to say that, though the quality of the actual video is grainy, the word and the passion behind Priscilla's voice are still there.

[*update* so I have been told that the video doesn't always load. Therefore, I give you the direct link just in case!]

I could sit and listen to this reminder all. day. long.

So I thought I would share it with you.

May you have a blessed Monday!

1 comment:

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!