4.26.2013

Why, yes! I'm not dead!

So I know I'm hailing from the land of #icanbarelyhearathing and #haventtrulypostedinwhoknowshowlong, but I'm still going to keep it simple. Because, well, this mind has pretty much stayed as simple as it can over the past few weeks. Between just enjoying my time at my sisters (yes, I'm well aware I've still to post on that...and with my memory as of late, it just might not happen), getting sick, going to my lil sis' wedding (WHAT?! So surreal you guys!), and Zoë getting pink eye all while I'm still fighting off the remnants of my illness (Thank you for the double ear infection and ruptured ear drums. I was asking to constantly say "Huh?! I can't hear you. Speak up! Talk in this ear!" Yep.That's what I was hoping for.)...well, I think you get the point. Ha! So on to #5QF.


1. Who drives when your family is together: you or your spouse?

Usually Ben drives and I sit in the passenger seat. I do enjoy driving at times and I'm no fan of the back seat as I get car sick quite easily, but if he's around, he generally wants to drive. So I let him :)

2. Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Introvert. Hands down. And being a mom/wife has only helped me revert into myself a little more. It's not that I don't like people. Honest. It's just I'm rarely comfortable around anyone I don't know and I hate, hate, hate large groups. Like "I have clautrophobia" hate large groups. (Yes. I really am clautrophobic, but thankfully I do try to conquer my fear so it doesn't completely hold me back. I just might have panic attack if put too outside my element. Ha!)

Peace?

Quiet?

Only me?

Please and thank you!

Though, I do enjoy time with my friends and I can really get into being in the same room as someone I really care about or am close to but not saying much. Just doing your own thing in the same space.

Yep. Introvert.

3. Are you married to an introvert or extrovert?

Extrovert. Completely loves to be with people. I have to tell him at least an hour before I'm ready to go that I am. Because it will take no less (no, I'm not joking) than one hour to get him out of wherever we are. He doesn't know a stranger.

We used to get in fights daily, now just a couple times a week (it's getting better...s...l...o...w...l...y) about how he was "on top of me". While I was brushing my teeth. Cleaning dishes. Getting ready for bed. Making dinner. You name it. He was following me. Literally.

Yes, I married an extrovert. And we are so very much polar opposites.

4. What's your favorite type of social media?

Twitter.

Hands down.

It's to the point. It can keep me connected with the news world, which I'm a fan of because I generally forget to turn the news on and can only handle all the broken stories in small bits.

Now if I only had a smart phone... (ha!)

5. What's your favorite way to "recharge"?

It just depends, really.

Some days I just want to take a quick nap.

Others I love to sit with a good book somewhere where I can't be bothered. (Which obviously can't be done at home anymore. I lament this fact.)

And then on the days that I do want to get out of the home, I love finding my own corner of a coffee shop (see, I do like people, just to do my own thing.) and setting up with my computer, some good music and do whatever my heart desires. Whether it be reading, surfing the web, playing an online game (Candy Crush Saga, anyone?), or just listening to music alone.

However, I should make the point that to "recharge" I have to be alone. Not interacting at all with someone I know. And I need at least an hour.

I joke that I could be a hermit. And honestly, if it weren't for feeling called to be a wife and mom, I'm pretty sure I would have found a way to slightly give myself that pleasure. Because I could give my all, all day long, to others and then just recluse myself for several hours in the evening. And that would be just fine with me. On my bad days, I wish I was a hermit. But then I remember that I have the greatest blessing and refining tools with me on a daily basis.

Why would I give them up? I can't imagine life without them.

And after all, even hermit-loving people like me know life was meant to be shared not isolated.

Yeah, I got a little serious. But I figure I'm just sharing bits of me :)

Happy Friday everyone! (Oooy...one day that will mean my husband actually has a weekend....one day...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!