4.15.2013

Verse #8


"My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us."
Psalm 62:5-8 NASB


Not going to lie, I've had a hard time really honing in on these verses the last two weeks. The only parts that are really sticking, and yet I find I need the reminder of most, are the red parts. It also hasn't been at the forefront of my mind while I was visiting my sister last week. So between the miscarriage and traveling, I've not done so great job of really working on memorization these past two weeks.

However, I have found that the previous scriptures I memorized have been such a great reminder for me. Words from my Rock that have given me strength to keep going when I thought I might not be able to go on. And I've loved that at times, it's almost as He is whispering them just to me. For me. In my time of need. Reminders of His love, that I am not walking in this time alone.

And though it's still to be completely commited to memory, I'm so thankful for these verses that were shown to me by a woman back at our church in Baton Rouge. I'm not sure I would have found them had she not given them to me when I was facing a different difficult situation. I didn't take the time to memorize them then, but I kept that slip of paper tucked in my bible. When the miscarriage happened and I was asking God which scripture(s) I should be memorizing next, I immediately thought of that slip of paper and knew I needed the reminder He can be trusted no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!