6.14.2011

On my Heart

1 Peter 2:24-25
24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree (1), so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness(2); by his wounds you have been healed(1).
25 For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls(3).

I don't have much to say about this right at this moment. It is a verse I am memorizing and meditating. To spend time contemplating and thanking the LORD for what He has done for me and for you and the rest of the world; well, no words are truly able to describe it. I highlighted the parts that stand out to me; I think of it in chunks (I put the numbers next to how this is speaking to my heart at this time:

1) Christ HIMSELF took on the payment for my erred ways. WOAH!

2) This is all so that I might begin a new life, unbound by the old. He loves me that much?! He wanted to take on my debt so I might have a relationship with Him in righteousness. It still baffles me that someone would turn this away. I am also baffled with myself in how even if we have accepted His unending grace, we still stray at times thinking we don't need him. The foolishness of the world, our human ways seem so much more appealing even though we know it's not.

3) What we were, sheep going astray, we no longer are once washed by the blood of Christ. His love for us is so deep, unconditional, and unending, He could not bear to see us lost to our own depravity, thus He gave us the option to choose life with Him.

Wanted to share this. Feel free to share in comments or give feed back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!