11.18.2013

27 Weeks [A Bumpdate]



How Far Along: I am 27 weeks and 5 days86 days until I'm 40 weeks.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: According to my home scale I didn't gain or lose any this past week, so I'm still hovering around the 16/17 pound gain. I'm so not complaining as this will mean I will likely gain closer to the lower end. Less for me to lose after! 

Food Aversions (and "no nos"): Still Bananas. There was some other food someone mentioned which made my stomach churn at the thought of it. However, it obviously didn't leave to great an impact or I'm not around it much as I can't remember what on earth it was. I just know I almost threw-up the moment it was mentioned. Glad I'm not around it enough to remember. 

Gimme' some of that!: This week would be the first where I had several cravings, some of them more specific than others. I still have the general strong desire for sweets on a consistent basis. Thankfully, because it's so nonspecific, I can generally find a way around it without eating too much. My fear would be going through my entire cabinet in search for the right sweet every time only to find myself gaining way too much weight. So for my ability to curb it or ignore it, I am very grateful. However, I had three cravings this week, one of them still popping up quite frequently.

My first was for ice cream. And I had a general idea of what I wanted but wasn't sure until Ben ran to the store for me, called, and started listing ice cream. Moolinnium Crunch. Thank you, Blue Bell! It hit. the. spot! No joke.

Then I really started getting a hankering for potatoes. And to specificy, baked potato skins done to a good crisp with some potato left on them, melted cheese, a little salt, and some pepper. Oh my! I could go for some as I type this. It just sounds soo stinking good! And every time I eat it I find myself wishing I could just shovel an entire plate full down my throat. YUM!

And finally, I have really wanted a cookie. I wasn't sure exactly what kind, I just knew I wanted a soft, chewy cookie with some chocolate in it. And because we're moving, I don't have everything within arms reach to make said cookies. So off to the store Ben went. And he brought home some yummy, soft, chewy, Sam's Chocolate Chip Cookies to be exact. Perfecto!

How I Feel: Exhausted! Health wise I'm pretty good. I will say with the weather change and the lack of dusting done around here my allergies are going to kill me before my time has come. And I can actually say the dusting isn't my fault, though the fact it gets done at all every couple of months is a huge blessing. (I'm so allergic it does me in for days to dust. My hubby graciously takes on that house chore, for which I am forever grateful.) My sinuses have been stuffed for at least the past week and to top it off my eyes are about ready to pack up and leave with all the itching, watering, and swelling they've seen over the past week. Packing boxes with items not dusted for a while equals multiple types of torment for me. C'est la vie.

Maternity Clothes: Nothing has changed here. There are days I desperately want to wear just a plain t-shirt, but none of mine will go over the bump enough to cover it. Also, I can't usually borrow my hubby's shirts because he's so lean his shirts don't really completely cover my bump either. Darn marrying a man who almost weighs less than my prepregnancy weight! (I tell him not to talk about his weight. It's just not fair...)

Movement: She's a pretty consistent mover, by which I mean I can almost book it to the minute when she'll move. I'm even thinking I know when she'll wake in the MOTN, which is very different from Zoë. However, I'm wondering if it's more because I am a lighter sleeper than I was before we had Zoë. Even when she's moving in the wee hours I've never thought it was all crazy. Just normal baby-in-utero movements. 

Sleep: I'm feeling like I"m never getting enough of it. Seriously. And I know it's not helping I haven't been able to lie down to rest while Zoë is napping. My body is really tired, though I know it's because sweet Aubrey is growing. I mean, shoot, look at the pictures! Ha!

What I Miss: Being more interactive with Zoë. She's constantly wanting me to chase her, but I get winded so easy I don't last very long. Thankfully she enjoys just sitting and reading or me being close to her and not doing anything else, though it isn't always what she wants. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: You may be tired of the broken record, but as I'm slowly getting past the due date of the baby I miscarried this past March, all I can think is "Thank you, Jesus, for allowing sweet Aubrey to still be growing, healthy, as far as we know, and in utero where she should be right now." As many times as I find myself wanting to complain about the discomforts I feel, I'm always quickly reminded I'd much rather feel them than be aching from another loss. 

Favorite Moment of the Week: This past week what stands out is I had two seperate friends who have helped me in different ways with the move. One came to watch Zoë while I packed boxes, though I will say it was hard to focus on packing when I had a friend in the other room and our little girls were interacting with one another. So, so sweet! And then another friend came and packed up her van with boxes and helped me bring a load over to the new place. So grateful for friends who offer to help me with this big task!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!