11.04.2013

25 Weeks [A Bumpdate]

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I'm ginormous in this pic, as compared to last week. I felt like I'd grown a lot just before it.Who knows...

How Far Along: I am 25 weeks and 5 days100 days until I'm 40 weeks. (Ummm..DO WHAT!? 100 days sounds so much smaller than "less than 15 weeks" or "3 months" [4 if you're counting lunar months, which is why care providers say 10 months]. I just remember how quickly it counts down from here...woah!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I bought a scale, but it's not here yet, so 14 at my last appointment, though I'm guessing she's grown, my body has "grown", and thus I've gained.

Food Aversions (and "no nos"): Still only bananas.

Gimme' some of that!: No true cravings.

How I Feel: Sluggish, but I'm hoping that will change once my body starts responding to the iron I have to take. I found out I'm anemic, which didn't really surprise me as I was with Zoë too. I'm also thankful I PASSED my glucose test with flying colors! My nurse said my blood sugar was "Great!". Yah hoo!

Maternity Clothes: Yep. Or really comfy yoga pants or "nice" sweat pants :) Of course maternity tops. Or my husband's tees.

Movement: Mmmmm. My only savored part of pregnancy. It's nice too she isn't a crazy mover. Just kicks and some elbow jabs every now and then. No ninja style or insanely strong punches or kicks. I do feel her turn over frequently...really weird considering all the amniotic fluid moving with her.

Sleep: You think I'd sleep well with my anemia draining me, but I'm not. Also, my back is really starting to give me problems making it hard to sleep. I may start couch sleeping soon.

What I Miss: Easily getting comfortable in bed. Not having to think about how to maneuver myself out of bed or put my pants on or squat to pick up anything from the floor (bending over is bad with all the extra weight on my front...not to mention the balance issues this causes).

What I'm Looking Forward To: Another week closer to full term!!

Favorite Moment of the Week: This has absolutely nothing to do with the pregnancy, but it made my whole freakin' week:
So God blessed our search in finding an apartment and it is one we are able to take our time moving into because the lease begins before our current lease ends. A huge blessing after last years move to Texas! Well, Saturday we headed to the new place to work on the dreaded inventory of living area papers. At one point I was sitting inspecting our kitchen cabinets, when out of no where, Zoë comes running up to me, huge grin taking over her sweet face, saying "Awww!", with outstretched arms. The second she was close enough, she threw herself at me, wrapped her tiny, precious arms as tight around my neck as she could, and proceeded to give me a huge, long, head-sweetly-nestled-on-my-shoulder hug! My mommy heart wanted time to stop and simultaneously melted into a puddle right there on the floor! And it wasn't for any other reason than to give me a hug! Ahhhhh! This job of mothering a child is so unbelievably hard and yet so ridiculously rewarding even if moments like that are infrequent. And to know I will soon have another, though daunting at times, makes my heart swell, which is crazy considering I still feel it will burst from loving Zoë and can't imagine it not bursting by adding another child for it to swell over. Gah, I feel so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!