10.30.2013

Praying for Him: Our Strongest Muscle, Our Greatest Weakness


I'm going to put it out there: about all I have for this post is the title. I can come up with a catchy title, but my day has been a long one, I'm exhausted, and part of me wants nothing more than to curl into a ball in a corner and be left alone. I could cry as I'm typing. Part of it is pregnancy hormones, part of it is all the craziness of our schedule right now, and part of it is huge decisions we've been discussing for months now finally culminating to a head but with new information only catching me off gaurd.

Anyway, this week was on the tongue. You know the all to familiar body part that sometimes you wish you could silence in yourself and other times you want to sew shut someone else's mouth so their tongue wouldn't give them a voice? Yeah...I'm pretty sure the message of the tongue's power to give life or to take it will never lose it's edge with me.

And my thoughts stop there. I'll leave with three verses: two familiar, one not used as much but still very powerful.

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice." Ephesians 4:31 NASB

"For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart." Matthew 12:34b NASB

"He who guards his mouth and his tongue, Guards his soul from troubles." Proverbs 21:23 NASB
___________________________________________________________
Here are the rest of my posts from this 30 week series I'm doing on praying for my husband:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!