10.28.2013

24 Weeks [A Bumpdate]

My 24 week bump picture with a belly measuring 25 weeks :)
How Far Along: I am 24 weeks and 5 days. 107 days until I'm 40 weeks.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 14 pounds. *gulp* I know I have nothing to complain about in the weight department. I am now in the perfect middle of the min-max of weight gain for my starting weight and height. My doc was fine with the fact I gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks. (Note: my chart says I had only gained 4 pounds total at my appointment before last because I had lost 2 pounds when I was checked then. So 10 pounds in 3 weeks...not like 8 really makes me feel any better.) However, even knowing that I'm completely in a healthy range, it still is never great words to hear you gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks even if you're kind of supposed to. 

Food Aversions (and "no nos"): Still only Bananas.

Gimme' some of that!: Nope. Just my usual of really loving sweets. And I don't really call that a particular craving.

How I Feel: Much better now the food poisoning has passed. Still pretty much navigating perpetual tiredness. I see it as a great sign for a continued healthy pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes: Nothing but, except when it comes to pants with elastic waists. My comfy pants :)

Movement: Lots of movement. She literally hates when she's comfortable and her little area is messed with. Set the iPad on her? She kicks it. Doppler to hear her heart beat? Immediately kicks it. Aubrey likes her comfort!

Sleep: Hit and miss. Nothing new here, though I think this week was comprised of many insomnia ridden nights. Boo!

What I Miss: This week I happened to miss being able to lay on my stomach. There were several moments I wanted to but, obviously, it'd be quite uncomfortable. I had a moment where I forgot I'm pregnant and went to lay down on my stomach. Yeah, that was a bummer. Yesterday, Ben went to lay on his stomach and I mumbled about how I was jealous he could. His response: "You could lay on your stomach; it wouldn't hurt the baby." I laughed and retorted, "Sure, except it'd be like trying to balance my body on top of a small ball." Truth.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Another week of Aubrey still growing inside me, developing where she is safe and has what she needs to grow provided for her.

Favorite Moment of the Week: There was a night this past week, during Zoë's bedtime stories, Aubrey was pushing right into where Zoë was sitting next to me. It's a little difficult to tell a toddler they can't scoot right next to and press into a bump, so I let her as long as she isn't sitting on top of me. This frequently leads to her using my bump as an arm rest, but hey! better than her actually sitting on top of me. (Trust me. I know. She's started to on accident or fallen straight on top of it before.)

Anyway, Aubrey was pushing up against Zoë. With a break between books, I looked at Zoë and said, "Your sister is telling you hello."

She immediately put down the book, started to pat my tummy, and decided she'd have an easier time interacting with Aubrey if my shirt was pulled up. I asked her if she would say "hi" to Aubrey, to which she immediately chirped, "Hi!" and waved at her. Then she promptly patted my tummy and tried to feel where Aubrey was.

I've said it before, I'm sure I'll say it again: Zoë is going to make an amazing big sister! I'm completely convinced!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!