10.21.2013

23 Weeks [A Bumpdate]

This is what you get when I'm sick. Before this pic was snapped, Ben said, "Ok: 1...2...3...FAKE SMILE!" Ha. It was pretty forced...not gonna lie :)
How Far Along: I am 23 weeks and 5 days114 days until I'm 40 weeks.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well...I still haven't purchased my own home scale, so all I know is as of 21 weeks, I'd gained a total of 6 pounds. Mind you, the scales vary at my OBs office (Obviously, they're aware of this as my OB was the one who mentioned it.) and according to the scale at that appointment I'd lost 2 pounds between my 16 and 21 week appointment. My OB decided to leave my weight gain at 6 pounds because of the difference. Either way, this totally weirds me out as I had already gained around 15 pounds with Zoë by 20 weeks. Thus, I have no idea what my weight gain will look like the rest of this pregnancy. It probably doesn't help I feel much larger than I'm weighing in at. 

Food Aversions (and "no nos"): Bananas. I'm pretty sure they're going to remain my one aversion. Ugh...naasty!

Gimme' some of that!: Anything sweet. No particular cravings, but I frequently am searching for something sweet. Unfortunately, the non-specificity of the "craving" makes it really hard to find the "right" something to satisfy it.

How I Feel: I've been feeling pretty good. Except I'm pretty sure my first experience with Jack-in-the-Box will be my last, or at least it'll be a while before I try it again. My body literally emptied itself, with lots of tummy grumbling, several hours after I ate there in the late hours (or wee morning hours, however you want to look at it...) of Saturday night. Poor Ben sat with me because I was so afraid I didn't want him to leave my side. I was actually worried at first it might be contractions, then realized it was my digestive system since my abdomen wasn't tightening but was racked with pain making me want to throw-up, which then made me afraid it would kick me into labor. Thankfully, the pain subsided once my body had completely emptied itself, leaving me only feeling weak and light-headed and with a short loss of sensation in my legs. Yesterday morning I felt a little better after some sprite, cinnamon toast and an apple. I'm still trying to get myself back to my pregnant "normal", but I'm thankful everything is fine aside from feeling really crummy. No fun, but VERY glad Aubrey wasn't trying to make an extremely early debut!

Maternity Clothes: Nothing has changed here. I am starting to feel more comfortable wearing some of my "looser" maternity tops...the ones with lots of room for a growing belly. I only feel good in them once I'm really showing, so it's nice to have a bit more variety and not always be wearing a completely-shows-the-bump shirt.

Movement: Very consistent. It's the only part of pregnancy I actually like/enjoy. Zoë has felt her move now, to which she immediately said, "HI!", to Aubrey. Sweet big sister already! Ben gets to feel her move too. I love those moments because he usually will talk to Aubrey. It's honestly the one aspect of pregnancy I find bringing me to a place of thinking I could go through this again if another child is what God has in store for us. Not because I take this gift for granted: I honestly am constantly thankful I've been given this far in this pregnancy, constantly remembering and miss my second child even though I know they're in Heaven, and constantly sad and praying for those battling infertility and/or miscarriage. The mere fact I have been blessed with another pregnancy is not beyond my thoughts. However, despite the depth of this blessing, I still do not like pregnancy. I do not miss it once the time has passed. Realize how much of a gift it is and cherish I am carrying a child? Yes. But like being pregnant and all the changes it brings? No.

Sleep: Yeah...not so great. Or rather I'm just needing a lot of it. I feel like I sleep most nights, but I'm pulling teeth just to keep myself awake during the day. If I nap too much, I don't sleep well at night. Plus, we're searching for a new "home" and my nap time has been filled with focusing on whittling down our list lately.

What I Miss: Right now, I miss feeling good. I miss not feeling drained. Pretty sure Saturday night will take some time to recover from. I almost feel like I'm back at the beginning of the pregnancy. Zoë has to put up with me camping out on the floor :/

What I'm Looking Forward To: I'm not sure this answer will change for a while: making it one more week: another week Aubrey is given time to develop, another week Zoë is closer to being a big sister to a healthy, little sister, another week closer to the actual possibility of holding my third child breathing and needing me in my arms, another week blessed to feel life moving and growing within me, another week living in this miraculous blessing.

Favorite Moment of the Week: Zoë excitedly saying "hi" to Aubrey after feeling her move. Though there is no way for me to know how much she truly understands, I know she understands more than most people give credit for to little kids. So, while the extent of her understanding is a mystery to me, I don't think it's completely beyond her there is a baby in there. Made this particular moment with her very sweet. Plus, Ben was there to witness it. Doubly sweet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!