12.10.2013

Always Needed Reminder

This is, by far, more for me than it may be for you. But life has been crazy these past few weeks. There are many opportunities to slip into depression. And when I woke this morning, God graciously gave me a reminder, funny enough a verse my husband and I were discussing yesterday morning before he left for work. If you're stuck in a down place, a hard place, anything which seems too much to bear, I hope this will flood your heart and mind with peace as it is mine. Of course, I'm constantly whispering it to myself as stress and emotions try to overwhelm me.

2 Corinthians 12:9 NASB
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

A quick thought I've had on this verse: many times we think of this verse as only talking about those areas we think of ourselves as weak. But honestly, any time we are more than joyful, any time we are struggling with some aspect of our broken world, whether we caused the struggle, were a mere character in the middle of someone elses', or dealing with the "normal" of our broken world (pain, sickness, death, etc.) is a weakness showing our desperate need for an almighty, all-loving, all-knowing Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!