1.27.2014

37 Weeks [A Bumpdate]


How Far Along: I am 37 weeks and 5 days16 days until I'm 40 weeks! (Whaaaat?!?! There are times I thought this day would never come. And while there is still fear I may lose my rainbow baby, I can feel my heart growing as it prepares to welcome our little bundle to actually live with us this side of heaven!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 34 pounds. My weight gain is up and down. And my home scale doesn't always register the same as my OBs does. I can't complain. It at least means my baby is growing for which I am very blessed! And I'm pretty sure I gained somewhere around this amount with Zoë. 

What's Up with Food: I only crave unhealthy food. Not such a fan of that. However, because we generally don't keep much of it around, I generally don't have it to nab. Just kind of stinks when what I want is something I shouldn't have. 

How I Feel: Like if I can mentally keep this baby in until February 1st, then I could care less with when she comes. Why February 1st? It puts us a few days past 38 weeks which makes me feel way more comfortable about her arrival than if she came now, though I highly doubt now would pose too many issues anyway. Either way, it gives me peace of mind.

Maternity Clothes: There are very few tops I can wear. I'm thinking it'd be nice if I could just hole myself up on a couch, though that does nothing for Zoë's mood and nothing to keep me healthy for labor and birth.

Movement: She has pretty consistent times of movement these days. And with as little room as she has left to grow, it generally doesn't feel so great. Pretty sure she loves to sit indian style, too, as I frequently have to bony protrusions showing on opposite sides of the upper part of my middle. Always makes us laugh.

Sleep: What is that?!

What I Miss: Being able to roll over in my bed, yet at the same time I wouldn't trade it for the world. It just means we're that much closer to having a bundle of joy welcomed into our home.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Holding my sweet rainbow baby!!!!!!

Favorite Moment of the Week: As it would happen, it was actually last night. Aubrey was doing one of her alien-like indian style shows. I asked Zoë if she wanted to feel where her baby sister was. She got excited and ran over to me. As I took her little hand and rubbed whichever part of Aubrey was showing itself, she laughed and then patted her. Can't wait for Zoë to be a big sister!! She's definitely going to be great at it. (I'm sure there will be much teaching in the ways of getting in trouble too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!