7.16.2011

Along came...

So yesterday morning, Ben and I found out our first little one is on the way. Major God-timing. Not planned, not in a million years what we would have dreamed. And yet, we know His timing is perfect.

Jeremiah 29:11 says, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

In 2 Corinthians 12, Paul speaks about a thorn in his flesh that God would not remove. Although, I do not think of this unborn child as a thorn, more so he or she is a blessing from God granted only by His good and sovereign will, I do see it as a situation where only God will be given glory here. That is how all of life should be and what I strive to live and learn to be: Christ-like. In verse 8 Paul writes:

8"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take [the thorn] away from 
me. 9 But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my 
power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the 
more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may 
rest on me."

That I would daily live this way and that I will continue to take on this unplanned child with a postive attitude, being reminded that God's timing is perfect! I may always have feelings of inadequacy but as long as I am seeking and striving to keep God as my center and focus, His strength and grace and love will be sufficient.

May Christ be my teacher and God be my glory!
---------------------------
To our little one,

We told your Gigi and Poppa about you today. It was good to see their shock mixed with excitement. You are going to be so loved, little one. Precious and perfect just as God creates you! As you are growing and God is forming you, it is my prayer God will continue to mold me into His image, prepare my heart to be your mommy - just the mommy you need to cultivate a heart that yearns to live for the Lord solely and completely; a mommy who does her best to prepare you for however God plans to use you.

Right now, if my calculating is right, you are only about 5 weeks old, but God is doing some pretty hefty creating on you and, let me tell you, its a lot of work! You are so very small (estimated to be about the size of a ball point pen's tip) but so precious! Every day I pray that you will form and grow properly and that I am taking a best care of you as I can by eating properly, getting enough rest, etc. You are a surprise who will be a great blessing to me and your daddy and everyone else you will come in contact with.

Louis can't wait for you either (at least I'm hoping he doesn't get too jealous with your arrival)! I hope you grow up to be best buds.

I love you!
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!