5.16.2012

2 Months Old


No...I can't be typing that title...right? I mean she was just born?!?!

*SIGH*

They grow so fast. I guess that's one of the reasons I'm grateful she loves her cuddles: I get the opportunity to give her a little baby-sized "I love you so much" squish a lot :) Then I cherish the moment in my heart forever.

I'm a few days late in posting this as she turned 2 months old on mother's day. And although I didn't get any great pics of just her (or really from the dedication for that matter :/), there is a candid one that, though blurry with as much cropping as I had to do, she is melt my heart, oh soooo adorable!!!

OH MY GEEZ I JUST WANNA SQUISH HER I LOVE HER SO MUCH!

I honestly didn't know I could love someone that much. Totally different from the type of love I have for my wonderful hubs, but geez. 

Here's a pic of the entire fam :) Of course Zoë decided to become fussy in our shoot so...this is the best we could get. Love those baby feet!

We dedicated her to the Lord on Sunday - Mother's Day and her 2 month birthday! I wish we had better pics. This one would be my absolute fave but it's blurry :(
She was the youngest baby dedicated in this service so she had the honor of being held by our pastor, Dr. M. Kevin McKee or as I like to call him Mr. Kevin :) Too cute!

Mommy's arms are very, very comfy for sleeping!

My brother was awesome and videoed it for us. However, I can't upload that stinkin' thing to my computer. Not sure why so maybe one day I can put snippets of it up, but for now the pics will do.

Zoë, my little Sweet Pea,

I can't believe your daddy and I have been blessed to call you ours for 2 whole months! Time is flying past us and I sometimes wish it would just stand still. Though, I do believe you and I both will be glad when your colic is gone. You're working on it though - growing like a wild flower (which mommy thinks will help the colic since she also thinks the colic is due to a digestive immaturity). And just so you know, this blog post took me all day to write because of your colic :) You just need a lot of TLC!

We had your 2 month check-up a little over a week ago. You measured 23" long and weighed in at 11 lbs 3.5 oz! You're in the 75th percentile for height and 50th for weight. It appears you are tall, at least for now, like mommy and daddy. And, my dear, you were a trooper with 4 vaccines - 1 oral and 3 shots! We only had to give you one dose of tylenol and give you some extra cuddles. Other than that no one would have known you had been given 4 vaccines. Daddy even said he hopes it goes that well when we go back for your 4 and 6 month check-ups (I completely agree with him!).

So here is what you have been up to:
  • You smile almost all of your waking time now (that is, when colic isn't stealing your joy). Your very first smile occured about 3 1/2 weeks ago as we were starting day 3 of nonstop crying (you were going through a growth spurt). Let me tell you, you made my whole day that day! Such a sweet, sweet moment.
  • You are talking more and more. You even made daddy jump yesterday as you were listening to music on your play gym and let out...I guess I would call it a squeal of delight. Whatever it was was definitely a happy sound and totally surprised him, made me smile.
  • You think it's funny when I squish my nose back at you (you do this a lot) and produce a huge smile in response
  • Gigi also found that you like when she puts her lips together and makes pooty noises at you (sorry, sweet girl, but that is the only way I know to describe it)
  • You eat about 6-7 times a day with the occasional 8 times a day
  • You sleep, technically, from about 8 at night until 630/7 the next morning. I say technically because your last meal is a dream feed somewhere between 930 and 11 which you have sometimes woken up for. Daddy and I are loving the, at least, 5 hours of sleep we're now getting a night!
  • You have started to wake up happy in the mornings: smiling, kicking your feet in delight, and smacking your lips ready to eat. SO CUTE!
  • You have succesfully scooted yourself off the play gym mat with your extremely strong legs earlier this week. You haven't really been into tummy time the rest of week so I'm not sure how much you will repeat that.
  • Needless to say, you haven't rolled over from tummy to back again
  • You wear size 2 diapers at night and mommy is very sad because she just bought you your last pack of size 1 diapers. You are growing so fast little one!
  • You still wear 0-3 month/3 month onesies but you won't be in them much longer!
  • You are getting better with going to sleep on your own at night. It's taking a little bit of work but your fussy time is getting less and less. 
  • If you had your say, I'm pretty sure you would prefer to be held 24/7 though you are learning to play independently and love laying on your back on the play gym mat or in your pack n' play under the mobile.
  • You have a temper all your own - we are going to have to teach you to use that iron will for good :)
If I'm leaving something out I don't know. What I do know is you are such a sweet, sweet blessing, Zoë! Daddy and I are so blessed to call you our daughter. Your blossoming personality is beautiful. We would take you in a million years. You are so full of life and I cannot wait to see how God will use you for His glory one day (how we pray you will follow Him, princess). You couldn't make us more proud!

Love you forever,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!