4.06.2012

Zoe's First Bath and 5QF

So yesterday just happened to possibly be a day sent straight from hell. My baby cried almost constantly from 10:30 am 'til about 5 pm. Inconsolably for the most part. Except for the rare instance she would quiet in my arms. And then just laid there. Not sleeping. Cuddling. It was sweet but tiresome. I literally ate lunch with her in my arms.

However (and slap me now for not taking pictures :/), what was sweet and somehow made the day worth it: she had her very first full bath and LOVED it! I mean sat there and enjoyed the entire time. No crying until we pulled her from the water. HA! I was a bit shocked as the day we had yesterday wasn't so grand but apparently bath time will be a pleasant experience in this household. I am elated considering we're going to use that to help her learn "going night night". Establishing routine. :)

Anywho, on to 5QF:

1. Would you prefer having people over for dinner or going to their house?Hmmmm...that's a hard one to answer. If my engine is full and I have it in my tank to give, I probably prefer having people over. I enjoy cooking and baking and having people over is always a good excuse to make some yummy treat :) I don't know if it's a gifting I have but I truly enjoy hosting and allowing people to enjoy themselves in my home.

2. Favorite Bible verse and why?I think we have another hard one here. This really changes a lot depending on what God is doing and using in my life at that time. Currently, He has put two scriptures on my heart which I am constantly reminded of and He is using to remind me He is in control and will see me through all the many emotions of being a new parent. So...instead of choosing one I'm going to cheat and put both :)

Matthew 6:34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." This verse helps to calm my nerves as I live through all the questions I am faced with making decisions for Zoë. There are many times I sit and wonder what tomorrow will be like or if what I'm doing today will affect tomorrow in a positive or negative way when God will remind me I don't need to worry about that. He knows my needs - physically, mentally, emotionally - and will ensure I have exactly what I need for that moment when it occurs. THANK YOU GOD!

Ummm apparently I lied, because I just remembered a third verse, but I will only put two :) The third verse has seemed to be a constant in my life, but considering it is one most people are very familiar with (Jeremiah 29:11) and God is using the other two more right now, I will put those.

Psalm 62:8 (but you should read verses 6 & 7 too if you get a chance) "Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." A few months ago God brought this verse to my attention through a mom in our church I really look up to. I was still struggling, though more in the excited phase, with God feeling Ben and I were ready to bring a child into this world AND my family had just begun a heart wrenching journey which was and is still filled with a lot of pain, sadness, anger...a wide conglomerate of emotions of which none were/are pleasant. Because of both situations, my faith was wavering wondering how could God allow the family situation and angry He was allowing me to soon be a parent. Though there are many scriptures that speak of God's goodness, unfailing love, and his steadfastness, this verse brought about the reminder of how even when what I would have planned or what I think I am incapable of or I am failed or hurt by someone here, God remains the same and I am able to trust in Him no matter what. He will uphold me and He will be there for me.

3. What was the first concert you ever attended, and the most recent one?
I think the first ever concert I went to was Avalon, a 90's Christian Pop? (I guess...the original band isn't even together any more) Band. Most recent would have to be an AWESOME performance by NeedtoBreathe with Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers and some other guy I wasn't too impressed with (can you tell? I can't remember him). Unfortunately, that was back in 2010 :/

4. The year is 2025. What are you doing, and what have you done?
Oh wow! Can I NOT think about that? I'm tearing up as I'm typing this (I'm still hormonal from postpartal stuff). Zoë will be 13 and more than likely we'll have added to, and possibly have completed, our nest. We're hoping another 2 if not 3, but then again God knows that and obviously we will have what He wants us to :) (I'm hoping this lesson of God's timing on children is what happens always sticks with me). I would also hope to have a private piano studio.
Have done...ummm...well raised at least Zoë up to that phase in her life. Been married to my wonderful hubby for 15 years. Bought a house. Started a private piano studio. And yes, this is nonimportant, but would love to have seen Coldplay live in concert.

5. What's your favorite Easter treat?
This is kind of twofold for me. As far as candy, it's a toss up between a chocolate bunny - you know the hollow ones - and robin eggs. I know robin eggs are nothing more than whoppers but they're good! However, what I probably remember most and loved most about my easter baskets as a child was my mom always made sure to somehow keep them focused on the meaning of Easter - Christ's resurrection - and would put a book or cd, something that held symbolic meaning she could tie with Easter. That was probably my favorite easter treat. So a little open ended but it changed every year so... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!