9.24.2012

Memory Monday v.13


I want to cherish for a lifetime...

...attempting to build a puzzle on a table that was several inches smaller than said puzzle.

So my hubby took off from both jobs to spend my birthday with me this past weekend. He also asked my mom to watch Little Bit for a few hours so he could take me out for a peaceful evening.

One of his ideas for the evening was to buy a puzzle and work on it for a few hours (we both really enjoy the challenge of a good puzzle). He originally had wanted to work on it at a park, but the weather was way too hot and humid to enjoy doing that. So we decided to buy the puzzle and find a table at the Starbucks in the Barnes & Noble.

However, every table was a small, two-person round table. With a 20x20 inch puzzle, a small round table isn't very ideal. We decided to try it and make a game of it.

Let me tell you, it was funny and frustrating all in one and made a great memory of us digging through puzzle pieces. It also made the building process much more difficult because 1) we couldn't lay all the pieces out flat and 2) we had to build from the corners in. Well, I guess we could have just worked on getting any pieces to fit, but unsecured corners meant pieces on the floor because they fell apart if moved 0.00000000001 mm.

Good laughs were had. A great memory to have made!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!