9.23.2013

19 Weeks [A Bumpdate]


How Far Along: I am 19 weeks and 5 days. 142 days until I'm 40 weeks.

Baby's Size: The Little Bean is about 6 inches long. (Apparently, the size of an heirloom tomato, though I'm not up on all my tomatoes so I'm just going to have to take their word for it. Ha!) (S)he's now weighing a half pound at about 8.5 oz. 

Baby's Development: The brain is really working on some hefty development this week as the areas designated for smell, taste, touch, hearing, and vision are beginning to form.  Also, motor neurons are continuing to develop allowing for more concious, controlled movement.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: All I know is the 6 pounds since my last visit. Curious to find out at my next visit where I'm at.

Food Aversions (and "no nos"): Bananas are awful. I can't stand the smell of them. Period. I haven't tested being around BBQ since early pregnancy so I'm not 100% sure I still have an aversion, though thinking about it still isn't something I really like. It certainly doesn't make me want it.

Gimme' some of that!: Nope. So far, this aspect of my pregnancy has been the same as with Zoë. Something might sound good, but I don't have a craving I must satisfy. And even avacados haven't made it there yet. (Avacados were the only food I craved when I was pregnant with Zoë.)

How I Feel: Much, much, much better! Nausea hits me at times, not really sure why, but it quickly passes. Nothing that really just makes me want to lie on the floor for hours. However, I am extremely exhausted. Though, this doesn't really surprise me because I never got my "second wind" with Zoë either. There are still days I'm so exhausted I will wake up on Zoë's floor and feel awful her mommy fell asleep while playing with her :/

Maternity Clothes: Yep. And as far as pants go, I have to wear the dreaded full panel (I avoided them completely during my first pregnancy.) or it has to be an ultra-stretchy, not-tight athletic or elastic waist. Anything too tight, including some full panel maternity pants, messes with my circulation and makes my right leg feel like it's going to fall off. I wish I had regular t-shirts that were long enough, but so far, I've carried low and my t-shirts end up sticking WAY off my middle...not so attractive and I'm definitely not comfortable sporting that. Plus, wearing them is a sure-fire way for everyone to see half my cami because they ride up. Horribly. No thank you!

Movement: I'm really starting to feel movement on a consistent basis. I feel little kicks here and there, as though (s)he's trying to find the most comfortable position. I'll usually feel a couple kicks followed by a fluid movement of some part of the body pushed up and moving against me. Always puts a smile on my face.

Sleep: Been waking up 1-2x/night for bathroom breaks. Sometimes I can't go back to sleep, others it's no problem. What I find really strange is I seemingly have been waking somewhere between 4 and 530 on a consistent basis with no ability to fall back asleep after. I'll usually rest in bed for a while before I actually get up, but I'm pretty sure it's part of the culprit in my extreme exhaustion.

What I Miss: Not needing to use the bathroom every 0.0000005 seconds. Ok, not literally, but I sure do feel like I go to the bathroom and before I can wash my hands I'm having to go again. I know it's because I stay on top of drinking all my water, but it's also really annoying to pull up a shirt and cami and then have to pull down the full paneled pants. I feel like I'm practically undressing every time I go. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Really getting excited about finding out this Little Bean's gender. 

Favorite Moment of the Week: I have a feeling I'm not going to be great at this question. Wanna know why? I can't remember half my week. I kind of know what we did and some events are on the calendar, but the "meat" of each memory made..well, lets just say I hope I recollect it after all my hormonos have started to calm down, which will be a while. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!