9.03.2013

16 Weeks [A Bumpdate]

Update: You might have noticed this post went live late on Monday night. However, that was because originally, I was planning on having everything typed up, loading the pic on Sunday, and then letting it post on Monday while we were driving home from our quick Labor Day trip. Well, let's just say that I didn't type up the post and I couldn't upload my picture because I only took our iPad with us. Wah wah wah. Soooo, I'm posting this Tuesday morning and hopefully will catch up with the rest of the week. Then again, So You Think You Can Dance's finale is tonight so that might not happen either. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, yet I'm hoping next week will see us back into a normal routine...Oh wait! Fall activities start this week. HA! Umm....maybe I am better off saying, I hope we adjust to what will become our routine for the Fall semester. Yep. That sounds more like it! Hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day Weekend.




How Far Along: I am 16 weeks and 5 days. 163 days until I'm 40 weeks.

Baby's Size: Roughly 4.6 inches (roughly the length of an avacado). Baby gained another ounce this week and is now weighing approximately 3.5 oz. Grow, baby! Grow!

Baby's Development: Baby's limbs are much more developed - the arms and legs have grown and are becoming more controlled in movement. (Though, we all know that a new born still makes those jerky movements that look funny...so I'm wondering how loosely they use the word controlled.) Also, the skeletal system is developing more as more calcium is being deposited into his/her bones. YAY!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: So I saw my OB last week. I gained 5 pounds in a month. *gasp* However, he was very pleased as my total weight gain now has me at 6 pounds total, which is normal for the first trimester and I'm already a couple weeks into my second.

Food Aversions (and "no nos"): same old, same old. Though I am trying to see if I can work some of them back into my diet. (ie the fruits that I miss and more variation with veggies.)

Gimme' some of that!: I had my first craving but was unable to satisty it when there were no strawberries for the very simple recipe: Strawberry Shortcake. Thankfully, it didn't last long, so I was able to make due without it.

How I Feel: Much better in comparison to other weeks. I still have bouts of nausea, sometimes with acid and other fun stuff making it's way up but not completely out. (Sorry if that's TMI...kind of trying to remember this for next pregnancy; that is, if there is a next. Just sayin' we have no idea what the future holds for us.)

Maternity Clothes: All the time. Nothing but unless it's really comfy athletic clothing that stretches. 

Movement: Still about the same. Just small bits here and there.

Sleep: Better. I'm grateful for getting several straight hours of sleep and being able to go back to sleep as soon as I crawl in bed for my MOTN bathroom run.

What I Miss: Actually sleeping all the way through the night. And I'm ready for my sinuses to go back to normal. This whole swollen, sometimes bleeding (though not terribly), feels-like-I-shoved-cotton-balls-up-my-nose aspect is driving me crazy! Oh, and I'm not a fan of my blood hound smelling senses. Ewww!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Really feeling baby move on a regular basis.

Favorite Moment of the Week: Umm...probably that I've made it several days without feeling like I'm gonna puke right where I am. It's nice to eat my food and not really have to worry about whether I'm gonna dry heave for 30 minutes after or possibly be hugging the toilet. Yep, that would have to be the highlight of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!