9.30.2013

20 Weeks [A Bumpdate]

*Note: You may notice I'm dropping "baby's development" and "baby's size". It seemed a little pointless to me since it's really all guess work, not solidified every-baby-grows-this-way. And since this is more a keepsake memory for myself and the little pea if they desire to read over it, I thought I'd drop those two "bullets" or whatever you want to call them.*
Ummm...I feel like I've grown A LOT since last week. I'm hoping it doesn't mean I find out I gained a TON of weight :/ And yes, I'm well aware I'm supposed to be gaining. I just don't want to find out I gained way too much.
How Far Along: I am 20 weeks and 5 days135 days until I'm 40 weeks.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: All I know is I had gained 6 pounds when they weighed me at my last appointment.

Food Aversions (and "no nos"): Bananas! They smell AWFUL! Still not been around BBQ so I'm not sure if that's passed or not.

Gimme' some of that!: I had an actual craving this Wednesday: lemonade. And I kept wanting it until I satisfied it with some of the best fresh-squeezed lemonade I know of: Chick-fil-a's lemonade. I drank two full glasses, thank you very much! Haven't craved it since. Haven't had any other cravings, either.

How I Feel: Pretty good. Though nausea hasn't completely worked its way out of my system, I consider myself blessed in that something generally has to trigger it and I haven't had to reach for the Zofran for a couple weeks now. The hardest part right now is probably my sleep which hasn't been great this week, so I'm a little sleepy. And yesterday was horrible in terms of sleep: woke up at 3, stayed in bed until 4 when I realized I wasn't getting sleep or rest, and was up and having to move around at 6 since I was helping out with worship at church. It made for a very foggy brain, but thankfully God was gracious and helped give me what I needed to be able to serve. And as always, serving on the team is such a blessing. I know it's a way to minister to others, but sometimes I find it truly ministers to me.

Maternity Clothes: Only thing that fits. Even my favorite stretchy maternity capris are too tight now :( Also, I really want to boycott full panel maternity pants. But most elastic otherwise is too tight. I'm wondering if there isn't a way to make demi bands a little less snug. Anyone? I've had several people suggest skirts or dresses, but I don't find that as comfortable as a good pair of shorts or pants and it's really hard, in my opinion, to chase/play with a toddler in a dress/skirt.

Movement: :) It's still not completely consistent, but I can usually count on a meal to liven the little bean up enough I can feel him/her move!

Sleep: I think I accidentally covered this under how I feel. :)

What I Miss: A good nights rest that allows me to wake before Zoë is bringing in the rising sun with her singing. I will say the silver lining is she's singing and not screaming with the sun's rising. Definitely a blessing. Also, I miss my hormones being at normal levels. Pregnancy hormones really mess with me.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Finding out the gender of our little one. Not too long now before we'll know. Eeeeeek!

Favorite Moment of the Week: Zoë randomly came up to me to pat and kiss my tummy. Confirmation whatever bumps we will have will only come from the normalcy of adjusting to sharing her parents and life with an added tiny human. She is going to be a WONDERFUL big sister! 

For My Memory: I'm not sure that I will truly ever forget this, but in the beginning of pregnancy I do, so in case we do have another little one: my patience goes out the window when I am pregnant. I don't know if it's a mix of hormones and sleep deprivation or just the hormones alone, but I snap at the drop of a hat. And all the great changes I've seen God bring about in my struggle with anger seem to come right back becoming a hard fought daily battle to work with Zoë in the way she needs to be worked with without losing my cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!