7.12.2012

15 Day Challenge: [Day 12]


Linking up with Sar again over at Life of Love. This challenge is getting close to it's end. I can barely believe it!
Let me forewarn you: this post somehow becamse ginormously long :) (and yes I know that makes absolutely no sense but whatev)
Life of Love
[Day 12]: What are you most looking forward to in the next six months?

Oh geez! I'm not quite sure how to tackle this question. Honestly, my mind starts reeling, for several reasons, when I read the question. I don't have any big plans or events coming up that I'm looking forward to. Where my mind goes becomes a fork in the road: my hopes and dreams I would desire to come to fruition and the changes I know we're headed for but I'm not so sure I'm jumping for joy over.

Let me explain.

My husband works his freakin' tail off. No joke. He has a full time job working for FedEx Office and manages part-time at a Wingstop here in town. On the days he works both jobs, he works 16 hours straight. To say he is exhausted is an understatment. It spreads both of us thin. And I wouldn't be able to stay at home with our sweet girl if he wasn't willing to work that hard.

For several months now, he has been searching for a way to provide for our little family with a single job. And searching. And the economy sucks. And searching. With nothing to show for it. FedEx has offered him "promotions" but they are all lateral moves, none of which will help him get a foot in the door to move further up. He's applied to different positions throughout the company and still has found nothing.

Thus, my first hope and dream: 1) I pray constantly for God to answer, all the while allowing me (and Ben) to be content while seemingly stuck, is a job that will provide for our family. One sole job. A job that will provide everything we need, including more time as a family.

That is another desire: 2) more family time. We enjoy what we have. And the bit we do have is such a blessing. It could be way worse. I am very much aware of this. However, with both of us being stretched quite thin, the time we do have isn't very quality at times. God has been very gracious and allowed us to make the most of it (usually), but it would be nice to, at times, not feel like every waking minute has to be spent with Ben because of how often he is gone.

That takes you down the left side of the fork in the road.

If you're feeling up to it, let's wander down the right.

You see, in March we welcomed a beautiful baby girl. My sweet pea. My pride and joy. My cuddle bug. Sugar britches. Smiley girl. Zo-Zo. Blue eyed heart stopper.

A 100% healthy little bundle.

And with like most healthy little bundles, there is a lot of change in just the first weeks and months, not to mention year. Within the next six months, she will be 10 months old. NO NO NO NO (told you I wouldn't be jumping for joy)!!!

*sigh*

I want her to grow. Really. I do. It just makes me cry thinking about it. I'm tearing up as I type this.

But 10 months? Seriously?!

Ugh.

By that time, we will be learning to eat by ourselves, which means solids will have been well under way. We more than likely will have gotten our first tooth, if not more than one. Rolling will have passed and crawling started. Possibly walking. Sitting up on our own. Repeating one syllable sounds such as "da da", "ma ma", "ba ba" (I think you get the idea).

So much change in so little time. In a way, I'm looking forward to all the change. I want Zoë to learn the world around her and I am always intrigued watching how she interacts with all the newness to her world. It's fun and sweet and exciting. However, it is such a bittersweet.

And so there you have my glimpse into the next six months. Only time will tell what will actually come to pass.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to the no time together way of life. It's so hard. This last month, he's on I believe 15 straight days of work, with probably no more than 6 or 7 hours of sleep a night, if he's lucky. I'll be hoping you guys can find a solution, as we are looking for one too. <3

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking time to comment :) I do not allow anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!